- MARK ZUCKERBERG WARNS ELON MUSK MORE PEOPLE WILL DIE IF WE ‘SLOW DOWN PROGRESS’ ON AI
By Paula Bolyard – May 24, 2018 – Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg blasted Elon Musk over his criticism of artificial intelligence at the Viva Technology conference in Paris on Thursday, suggesting that his fellow tech pioneer is holding back progress with his negative attitude.
His comments were in response to a question from the moderator about whether he was on friendly terms with Musk. “I don’t want to create a problem between you and Elon,” the moderator said, “but I would very much like to hear your opinion. Musk has been extremely skeptical about artificial intelligence. He wants to kill everything which has to do with artificial intelligence.”
Musk, who’s company Tesla is at the forefront of self-driving car technology, told attendees at the SXSW conference last year that he believes AI is more dangerous than nuclear warheads. “I am really quite close, I am very close, to the cutting edge in AI and it scares the hell out of me,” said Musk. “It’s capable of vastly more than almost anyone knows and the rate of improvement is exponential.” U.S. safety regulators are in the process of investigating 25,000 Tesla vehicles after recent fatalities at the hands of the vehicles.
CRYPTOS SLIDE ACCELERATES SINCE CONGRESS WARNED BITCOIN POSES THREAT
- by Tyler Durden – June 28, 2018 – Bitcoin has tumbled back below $6,000 in early Asia trading and the rest of the crypto space is following suit. No imediate catalyst for the move – aside from technical pressure – but tougher AML rules in South Korea and US Congress being told Bitcoin is a threat to the US election may have sparked it earlier in the week and this is follow-through.
- Bitcoin can’t catch a bid off the weekend’s $6,000 slump…
And as usual, the rest of crypto is following (though we note that Bitcoin had been steady as the rest of crypto fell)… As we noted, other than just momentum running through the psychological $6,000 barrier, there is little immediate headline catalyst.
- But two stories of note this week may have helped drive some of the weakness. As CoinTelegraph reports, South Korea’s top financial regulator has released a set of revised anti-money laundering (AML) guidelines for virtual currencies, according to a press release published this week.
- The press release notes that the Financial Services Commission (FSC) conducted on-site inspections of three domestic banks – Nonghyup, Kookmin, and Hana Bank – the results of which prompted the update to AML guidelines.
- The new guidelines note that cryptocurrency exchanges must conduct Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Customer Identification (EDD) to ensure the trade purposes and funding sources of users are legitimate. If a business refuses or is unable to provide information for customer verification, the guidelines note that any transactions from that entity must be rejected or terminated.
- According to the revised guidelines, crypto exchanges are also responsible for making certain that foreigners are not using local crypto exchanges, criminals are not using the personal accounts of other people to launder money, and that there are no suspicious transactions and payment processing, CCN news site writes.
- And, as CCN reports, for a significant part of 2017 and even this year, social media platforms have taken a lot of heat over their alleged role in influencing the 2016 U.S. presidential election. And for a period of time on Tuesday during a congressional hearing, cryptocurrencies were put in the same spot — at least with regards to the future.
- According to Dueweke, the danger of using virtual currencies to influence the U.S. electoral process is acuter now considering that there are state actors who are hostile to the United States that are turning to cryptocurrencies as a way of bypassing the financial system of the West as well as its Anti-Money Laundering and Know-Your-Client regulatory requirements. Per Dueweke Russia was a particularly big threat.
- “Considering that a large percentage of global criminal hackers and many cybercriminals are Russian or speak Russian (it is estimated that 25% of Darknet content is Russian), and given Russia’s current state of tension with the United States and Europe, this development should be closely monitored,” Dueweke warned in his prepared testimony.
- This comes about a week since the U.S. Secret Service’s Office of Investigations deputy director, Robert Novy, called on lawmakers to enact legislation which would curb the use of anonymity-enhanced cryptocurrencies or privacy coins. Novy was testifying before a Terrorism and Illicit Finance subcommittee of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Financial Services.
RFID, BLOCKCHAIN, AI, BITCOIN – THE TRUTH WILL SHOCK YOU!
KEISER REPORT: CHINA’S SOCIAL CREDIT SCORE (E1250)
Max Keiser – July 7, 2018 – www.maxkeiser.com – In this episode of the Keiser Report from Paris, France, Max and Stacy discuss how China’s social credit score is diluting other nations’ sovereignty. They also play a clip of cryptographer, Harry Halpin, arguing that ICOs are a TARP for the people. In the second half, Max interviews Amir Taaki about bitcoin, Lightning network, the evolution of cryptocurrency and fighting for and learning from the Rojava.
- WOW THEY’RE ABOUT TO UNLEASH THEIR FINAL PHASE OF 5G
Amplex July 5, 2018 –
- “MY STREET, MY CHOICE!” WEBSITE PROVIDES HELPFUL GUIDE TO STOP 4G AND 5G SMALL CELL TOWERS FROM BEING INSTALLED NEAR HOMES
By B.N. Frank – Since 2004, firefighters have been vocal about not wanting cell towers and antennas on station property because of radiation exposure. According to a June 25, 2018 C-NBC interview with Verizon Chairman and CEO, Lowell McAdam, “We are closer than people think” to installing 5G everywhere – including in front of homes. Verizon CEO On The Future Of 5G CNBC –
Many have reported concerns about this including Dr. Oz. Even if you aren’t concerned about radiation exposure, cell towers have been reported as collapsing and catching fire. If one shows up near your home, it will reduce your property value. The My Street, My Choice! website contains information and links to help residents fight 4G/5G Small Cell towers or “Close Proximity Microwave Radiation Antennas (CPMRA)” from being installed in their communities. Cell towers and antennas have already been proven to be health, safety and liability hazards. Other guides are available online including one from the EMF Safety Network.
In September 2017, 180 scientists and doctors demanded a moratorium on the installation of 5G small cell tower infrastructure due to biological and environmental risks. More have joined since then. Many doctors, environmental organizations, and more are speaking out against small cell towers and 5G. Spain held a day of protest against 5G last week. Dr. Naomi Wolf has been posting on social media about how 5G is affecting New Yorkers. People and their pets are experiencing symptoms from exposure. The Telecom Industry (aka Big Wireless) doesn’t care.
- They want to install their infrastructure everywhere. If you are in the U.S, it may already been installed throughout your community without you knowing it. Many U.S. elected officials as well as current and former government employees also don’t seem to care. They are trying to force this infrastructure on unwilling communities across the country. Some community leaders are also promoting “Smart Cities” which entails hundreds of small cell towers being installed including in front of homes, in public rights-of-ways, etc. Some elected officials are trying to stop 4G and 5G installation. One is Senator Patrick Colbeck from Michigan.
- SOMETHING REALLY BIG JUST HAPPENED TO BITCOIN/CRYPTO
Jul 29, 2018 The financial markets made a huge shift last Wednesday and are going to make an even bigger one over the next weeks, do you know what this means for Bitcoin & cryptocurrency? Excited to see what these shifts will do to the crypto world. Although I can’t make a bitcoin price prediction from this, but I do know this will change investors mindsets and views towards Bitcoin moving forward. Let me know your thoughts!
- SEX ROBOTS ‘WILL MAKE WOMEN INTERCHANGEABLE WITH TECHNOLOGY’ CAMPAINGERS WARN
- By Harry Farley July 28 2018
- BRITISH SCIENCE CREATE ARTIFICIAL EMBRYO FROM STEM CELLS
- July 25, 2018 Editor News Sci-Tech
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE BEGINS DIAGNOSING PATIENTS IN IOWA
- July 26, 2018 Editor News Sci-Tech
- AI AND THE FUTURE OF MEDICAL TREATMENT
- Image: Wikipedia
- By: Jon Rappoport – July 18, 2018 – Technocrat practices have already taken over most of the medical industry with so-called ‘evidence-based’ treatments. IBM’s Watson program, for instance, claims better diagnosis and treatment of cancer than highly skilled physicians. We will soon be hearing, “The algorithm will see you now…” TN Editor
- “Oh Doctor, what’s ailing me? Can I get a diagnosis? What’s that? AI [artificial intelligence] is handling it now? You mean I just go online and see the results of my tests and read the diagnosis and pick up my drugs outside my front door? Wow. Very nice.”
- Really? Is it very nice?
- As AI creeps and crawls into the realm of medical diagnosis and treatment, and as it spreads under the banner of “more precise care for the patient,” remember that AI embeds false data more firmly than any human doctor can. Once it’s in there, how do you get rid of it?
- “I’m sorry, sir. There is no human to speak with. All our data are produced by algorithms…”
- For example, suppose the flu you have isn’t the flu? Suppose it’s something else? AI would still diagnose you with flu, based on your profile of symptoms, and you could be prescribed a toxic antiviral drug you don’t need, and also put on a warning list of people whose flu shot isn’t up to date.
- Dr. Peter Doshi, writing in the online BMJ (British Medical Journal), reveals a monstrosity.
- As Doshi states, every year hundreds of thousands of respiratory samples are taken from flu patients in the US and tested in labs. Here is the kicker: only a small percentage of these samples show the presence of a flu virus.
- THE RISE AND FALL OF BITCOIN he Rise and Fall of Bitcoin
- Illustration: Martin Venezky
- In November 1, 2008, a man named Satoshi Nakamoto posted a research paper to an obscure cryptography listserv describing his design for a new digital currency that he called bitcoin. None of the list’s veterans had heard of him, and what little information could be gleaned was murky and contradictory. In an online profile, he said he lived in Japan. His email address was from a free German service. Google searches for his name turned up no relevant information; it was clearly a pseudonym. But while Nakamoto himself may have been a puzzle, his creation cracked a problem that had stumped cryptographers for decades.
- The idea of digital money—convenient and untraceable, liberated from the oversight of governments and banks—had been a hot topic since the birth of the Internet. Cypherpunks, the 1990s movement of libertarian cryptographers, dedicated themselves to the project. Yet every effort to create virtual cash had foundered. Ecash, an anonymous system launched in the early 1990s by cryptographer David Chaum, failed in part because it depended on the existing infrastructures of government and credit card companies. Other proposals followed—bit gold, RPOW, b-money—but none got off the ground.
- TOP 10 BITCOIN FACTS
- BITCOIN PRICE
- Because there are so many major investments in Bitcoin and Bitcoin technology there are efforts underway to create ETFs for Bitcoin. ETF is an exchange-traded fund. A Bitcoin ETF could greatly increase the value of the currency. But in order for an ETF to be legally established, it must get approval from the SEC. Curious how SEC acceptance of a Bitcoin ETF may impact price?
- Read the headlines like this one:
- “As Bitcoin ETF Nears, Analysts Warn of Trading Frenzy” from the Wall Street Journal.
- An ETF is an exchange-traded fund, meaning a much larger audience of investors can invest and trade the fund.
- As of March 2017, two requests by companies to create a Bitcoin ETF were denied by the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC).
- However, as there are still outstanding applications pending, the formation of an ETF could mean big gains for Bitcoin value.
- Clearly, staying informed about current events and news is important for any Bitcoin miner. Major market fluctuations can occur based on the headlines alone.
- WHAT IS BITCOIN? (v2)
April 24, 2014 – The most watched Bitcoin introduction video ever. Updated in April 2014, this video explains how bitcoin works and the importance of this paradigm shifting technology.
- BREAKTHROUGH IN AI LEARNING MAY LEAD TO HUMAN-LEVEL PERFORMANCE
- By: Harry Pettit – July 19, 2018
New AI can mimic human movement after seeing it just one time, which is how humans learn from infancy. Of course, there is no measure of intent as to why the human movement was performed in the first place. This is typical Technocrat thinking that ‘why’ is not as important as ‘what’. TN Editor
- A new breed of AI-powered robots could soon mimic almost any action after watching a human do them just once.
- Scientists have developed a clawed machine that can learn new tasks, such as dropping a ball into a bowl or picking up a cup, simply by viewing a person perform them first.
- Researchers said the trick allows the android to master new skills much faster than other robots, and could one day lead to machines capable of learning complex tasks purely through observation – much like humans and animals do.
- Project lead scientist scientist Tianhe Yu wrote in a blog post: ‘Learning a new skill by observing another individual, the ability to imitate, is a key part of intelligence in human and animals. ‘Such a capability would make it dramatically easier for us to communicate new goals to robots – we could simply show robots what we want them to do.’
- Developed by engineers at the University of California at Berkeley, the robot quickly learns new actions by watching a person do it on video. Clips of the android show it picking up fruit and putting it into a bowl, as well as carefully moving around an obstacle following the same path demonstrated by a scientist. Most machines, such as the robots in car factories, are programmed to complete tasks via computer code – a rigid and often time-consuming process.
- THOUSANDS OF SCIENTISTS SIGN PLEDGE AGAINST DEVELOPING LETHAL A.I.
- July 19, 2018 – By Aaron Kesel – Thousands of leading scientists have urged their colleagues against helping governments create killer robots, making the movie The Terminator a reality. 2,400 scientists have pledged to block the development of lethal weaponry using Artificial Intelligence, The Guardian reported.
- In other words, killer robots, that could eventually develop a mind of their own and take over the world. Scientists have vowed they will not support robots “that can identify and attack people without human oversight.”
Two leading experts backing the commitment, Demis Hassabis at Google DeepMind and Elon Musk at SpaceX, are among the more than 2,400 signatories whom have pledged to deter military firms and nations from building lethal autonomous weapon systems, referred to as Laws.
- The move is the latest from concerned scientists and organizations about giving a machine the power to choose someone’s fate of life or death.
- The pledge organized by The Future of Life Institute, calls on governments to agree on norms, laws, and regulations that stigmatize and effectively outlaw the development of killer robots.
- The signatories of the pledge have stated they will “neither participate in nor support the development, manufacture, trade, or use of lethal autonomous weapons.” More than 150 AI-related firms and organizations added their names to the pledge that was announced at the International Joint Conference on AI in Stockholm.
- Robots are beginning to take over every aspect of society. They are also headed for retail businesses delivering freight and eliminating truckers.
- But, can we really give robots the choice whether to kill or let a human being live?
In fact, it sounds quite dangerous allowing a freight truck to drive itself; if the sensors break down on a big rig truck going 60-70 MPH, that’s potentially 40 tons barreling down the highway unattended except by artificial intelligence.
- 6 DEVELOPING FEMALE ROBOTS WITH ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WILL BE OUR PARTNER OR ASSISTANT IN FUTURE
- March 14, 2018
- CHINA’S AI “GODDESS” AND THE EAST/WEST AI COMPETITION
- August 13, 2018 – By Benjamin Fulford – Weekly Reports – Last year, Russian President Vladimir Putin said whoever leads in AI (Artificial Intelligence) “will control the world.” The Chinese took these words seriously and are investing huge sums of money in an effort to create an AI “Goddess.” They hope it will give them unprecedented powers and help them in their bid to form a world government, according to members of Asian secret societies.
- The West, for its part, is building a quantum-based financial system they hope will allow them to continue to control the main source of world power — the international financial system. This battle is serious, and it even led to the Chinese supercomputer Tainhe-1 — at one point the world’s fastest — to be blown up by unknown parties on August 12, 2015. The fact that this explosion came immediately after a sudden unannounced 4% devaluation in the Chinese yuan was almost certainly no coincidence. The fact that the European-headed IMF supported this move shows that the European faction of the Khazarian mafia was in on the plot.
Clearly, some sort of Chinese and European Khazarian attempt to use the devaluation and the supercomputer to destabilize U.S. dollar-based Western financial system did take place and was met with a kinetic response.
- Now fast-forward to the third-year anniversary of this explosion. As of June 2018, the U.S. Department of Energy surpassed the Chinese with the world’s fastest publicly acknowledged computer. The system — called Summit — can process 200,000 trillion calculations per second, or 200 petaflops. That’s eight times faster than America’s former top supercomputer, the Titan, and it maintains a big lead over China’s 93 – petaflop TaihuLight, which had been the world’s fastest supercomputer since 2016.
- No doubt the Chinese will soon announce something even faster than that as the AI “arms race” continues. These days, though, the Chinese, instead of concentrating on finance, are taking a different tack with a “Goddess” project. Representatives of an Asian secret society explained the goals of the new Goddess project to this writer earlier this summer. As it now exists, the Goddess can identify anybody’s face and within 7 seconds pull up all the data available on that person “such as their blood type.” The data also almost certainly includes (to those who are authorized access) the person’s educational records, medical records, criminal records (if any), their address, family members, close friends, insurance, private messages, financial situation, gaming duration, smart-home statistics, preferred newspapers, shopping history, dating behavior, their “social credit score,” etc. All of this within 7 seconds. They can also follow a person “anywhere on earth,” the sources say.
- The real aim of this Goddess project, though, is to…
- SOPHIA HOW CAN ANYONE IGNORE THIS!
- THIS POWERFUL NEW “FACE SEARCH” ENGINE COULD BE A PRIVACY NIGHTMARE
- Trustwave says its tool to search social networks by name and face can aid security penetration tests, but it might lead to privacy violations. August 11, 2018
BY STEVEN MELENDEZ 3 MINUTE READ – Cybersecurity firm Trustwave has released an open source tool to find accounts of large volumes of people across social media platforms by automatically matching names and profile pictures. The company says the tool, called Social Mapper, is designed for penetration testers who often phish employees at client companies to test security measures and gain access to computers. By showing how actual attackers can convince workers to give up their login credentials to scammers, testers can help companies put in training and technical countermeasures to make those attacks less feasible.
- “The tool basically came out of necessity,” says Karl Sigler, threat intelligence manager at Trustwave. “Over the years we’ve discovered that a lot of the compromises and breaches that we get engaged in, in general the initial footprint, comes from a social engineering attack.”
- Social Mapper users provide their own login credentials to various social networks, along with a file specifying names and facial images of the people they’re interested in targeting. The tool then logs into specified social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, VKontakte and Weibo and uses the sites’ search tools and open source facial recognition tools to find and log likely matches. Once they find matches, they can either friend the users on the social media sites and send them phishing links or use data from the sites to craft personalized phishing emails, Trustwave researcher Jacob Wilkins suggested in a blog post.
- HACKERS NOW DEPLOYING AI TO BREAK THE BEAST DEFENSES
- Reuters – August 9, 2018
- Technocracy promises Scientific Dictatorship in the end. If IBM now admits that their engineers can do it, you can be certain that U.S. Intelligence agencies have been doing it for some time. Targeted hacking is potentially the most malicious and destructive type of surveillance in history. In the hands of rogue intel, all details are laid bare before them. TN Editor
- The nightmare scenario for computer security – artificial intelligence programs that can learn how to evade even the best defenses – may already have arrived.
- That warning from security researchers is driven home by a team from IBM Corp. who have used the artificial intelligence technique known as machine learning to build hacking programs that could slip past top-tier defensive measures. The group will unveil details of its experiment at the Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas on Wednesday.
- State-of-the-art defenses generally rely on examining what the attack software is doing, rather than the more commonplace technique of analyzing software code for danger signs. But the new genre of AI-driven programs can be trained to stay dormant until they reach a very specific target, making them exceptionally hard to stop.
- No one has yet boasted of catching any malicious software that clearly relied on machine learning or other variants of artificial intelligence, but that may just be because the attack programs are too good to be caught.
- Researchers say that, at best, it’s only a matter of time. Free artificial intelligence building blocks for training programs are readily available from Alphabet Inc’s Google and others, and the ideas work all too well in practice.
EVER WONDER HOW BITCOIN (AND OTHER CRYPTOCURRENCIES) ACTUALLY WORK?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4
THE BLOCKCHAIN AND US (2017)
5G IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG
- CERN & D’WAVE COMPUTERS DIMENSIONAL PORTALS – Rev 20:1
Shaking My Head Productions – Published on Jun 12, 2017
And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
TRANSCENDENCE – THE STRONG DELUSION – AI, BLOCKCHAIN & THE SINGULARITY EXAMINED
August 2, 2018 – Shaking My Head Productions
Please do your own research regarding the content in this video. It is for discussion purposes only and has several different content contributors giving their opinions on where we are heading when it comes to AI and the Book of Revelation. Use discernment, compare it to Gods Word, and trust the Holy Spirit to lead you to the truth. Please feel free to comment pro or con regarding the content within the video. Be respectful of others. All childish name calling, cursing, and extreme emoji use will not be approved. We encourage respectful debate on this channel. We are all learning together here. Thanks in advance. God bless.
- Technological singularity – The technological singularity (also, simply, the singularity) is the hypothesis that the invention of artificial superintelligence (ASI) will abruptly trigger runaway technological growth, resulting in unfathomable changes to human civilization.
- And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever. Genesis 3:22
- And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. Thessalonians 2:11
- Transcendence Official Trailer – https://youtu.be/VCTen3-B8GU
- Lawnmower Man – Trailer – https://youtu.be/9CBnn9MV03Y
Project Pai https://static.projectpai.com/whitepaper.pdf
Soul Machines: https://www.soulmachines.com/
Creating Their Digital Temple For Their Quantum AI God – https://youtu.be/NgOqqafJ1qc
- Artificial intelligence has already inspired billion-dollar companies, far-reaching research programs, and scenarios of both transcendence and doom. Now Levandowski is creating its first church.
‘Whoever leads in AI will rule the world’: Putin to Russian children on Knowledge Day
“If we become leaders in this area, we will share this know-how with entire world, the same way we share our nuclear technologies today,” he told students from across Russia via satellite link-up, speaking from the Yaroslavl region. Read full article
- Creator of D-Wave Quantum Computer Artificial Intelligence is the “altar of an alien god” – Science is Bringing About the Antichrist System – https://christianjournal.net/featured/d-wave-artificial-intelligence-alien-new-world-science
- As detailed in a paper to be presented Aug. 2 at SIGGRAPH 2017, the team successfully generated highly-realistic video of former president Barack Obama talking about terrorism, fatherhood, job creation and other topics using audio clips of those speeches and existing weekly video addresses that were originally on a different topic
- And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. Revelation 13:15
- For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. Genesis 3:5
- Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; Exodus 20:3-5 – Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6
SCARY: CHINA EXPLORES USING AI TO SHAPE FOREIGN POLICY
- China is using artificial intelligence as a tool to help it decide its foreign policy, detaching from the emotions of useless humans that get in the way of the thought process. What could possibly go wrong allowing A.I. to help decide foreign policy with other countries?
- The South China Morning Post has reported that “Several prototypes of diplomatic systems using artificial intelligence are under development in China, according to researchers involved or familiar with the projects.”
- The Post notes that “one early-stage machine, built by the Chinese Academy of Sciences, is already being used by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.” If it’s still not worrying you that robotic algorithms could be deciding foreign policy in China with other nations, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs further confirmed to the South China Morning Post that they had plans to use A.I. in diplomacy.
- “Cutting-edge technology, including big data and artificial intelligence, is causing profound changes to the way people work and live. The applications in many industries and sectors are increasing on daily basis,” a Ministry spokesman said last month, the news agency reported.
- According to SCMP, the decision process by the A.I. takes into account “information ranging from cocktail-party gossip to images taken by spy satellites, to contribute to strategies in Chinese diplomacy.”
- Although, the final decision is in the hands of Chinese officials according to Fu Jingying, a researcher with the Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing. The fact that A.I. could be helping leaders and governments decide whether or not to go to war or other important policy decisions with a country is especially worrying. However, the use of A.I. would not only implant decisions without human emotion into these officials’ heads over a period of time until it was seen as acceptable, but it would eventually shift politics into allowing algorithms and these systems to decide strategic decisions by itself passing the technology off as an advancement. This is exactly what China wants for its next generation of these machines according to the report.
- Read more at http://prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=2450
BITCOIN MOVEMENT A CULT?
#Algorism – The Vin Armani Show – Daniel Krawisz
Vin Armani – Streamed live on Jul 30, 2018
- THE FUTURE OF BITCOIN & THE SEC’S ETF DECISION! THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING
- World Alternative Media – Jul 29, 2018 – Featuring: Josh Sigurdson & John Sneisen – Graphics by Bryan Foerster and Josh Sigurdson
- Josh Sigurdson talks with author and economic analyst John Sneisen about the most recent SEC decision on Bitcoin as they deny the proposed Winkelvoss ETF.
- Interestingly, the SEC commissioner, Hester Peirce actually disagreed with the decision saying she thought the wrong choice was made.
- Peirce claimed Bitcoin is an asset, is regulated and matured enough to be worthy of US markets.
- Nonetheless, the SEC’s official announcement said this,
“The Commission addresses each of these arguments below. In Section III.B, the Commission addresses BZX’s assertion that bitcoin and bitcoin markets, including the Gemini Exchange, are uniquely resistant to manipulation and finds that the record before the Commission does not support such a conclusion.”
- So, the SEC, master manipulators claim that Bitcoin’s market can be manipulated? Isn’t that rich!
- In 2017, when the Bitcoin Futures announcement was made, Bitcoin skyrocketed to 20k, but fell like a rock upon the release of the futures. So, like the futures announcement, if the SEC were to announce the release of a Bitcoin ETF, it would be met by a temporary bull rally but a massive bubble burst. That’s what happens when you mess with derivatives and paper contracts, it’s price manipulation, nothing more, nothing less. It’s not responsible to get caught up in such a centralized market. Bitcoin on its own stands to be an incredibly revolutionary tool to end the central banking system. To get involved in worthless ETFs is not smart.
- Gold and silver are dramatically manipulated and artificially held down by ETFs and bank manipulation, but they too will rise upon the fall of the banking system which is inevitable considering the bankruptcy of the major banks and the fall of all fiat systems throughout history.
- The regulations on cryptocurrencies are overall futile. They will not stand the test of time. The central banking system and government is desperate to unroll the new, centrally planned cashless society to replace the current system as it reaches its end. This will conflict with the decentralized cashless system, competing for the best on the free market. It will come down to the education of the masses to understand the VAST difference between the two and pick freedom over dependence. We must choose decentralization over central planning.
- In this video, we explain the differences and the future of decentralized competing cryptocurrencies. This is just the beginning.
- Stay tuned for more from WAM! Visit us at http://www.WorldAlternativeMedia.com
A LOOK AT 5G TECHNOLOGY AND HOW IT WILL CHANGE OUR LIVES
CBC News: The National – March 13 2018
VERIZON CEO ON THE FUTURE OF 5G
CNBC – May 15, 2018
- THE LATEST ON 5G
Hans Vestberg – May 23, 2018
- TO THE FUTURE FASTER: VERIZON 5G NEWS AND UPDATES
- Nicki Palmer, Chief Network Officer, Verizon Wireless
- What is 5G?
- 5G is the fifth generation of wireless technology. But users will know it as one of the fastest, most robust technologies the world has ever seen. That means quicker downloads, a more powerful network and a massive impact on how we live, work and play. The connectivity benefits of 5G will make business more efficient and give consumers access to more information faster than ever before. Autonomous cars, smart communities, industrial IoT, immersive education—they will all rely on 5G.
- “5G has the potential to join a very exclusive club?the handful of technologies
throughout history that transform industries across every sector of the economy … redefining work, elevating living standards, and having a profound and sustained impact on our global economic growth.”
- What’s the technology behind 5G?
- To understand 5G, it’s helpful to understand what came before it. Broadly, the first generation of mobile technology, 1G, was about voice. The ability to use a phone in a car, or anywhere else, really took root here. The advent of 2G introduced a short-messaging layer—pieces of which can still be seen in today’s texting features. The move to 3G provided the essential network speeds for smartphones. And 4G, with its blazing data-transfer rates, gave rise to many of the connected devices and services that we rely on and enjoy today.
- A discussion around 5G technology is really a discussion around delivering life-changing technologies through next-generation networks. Verizon’s Ultra-Wide Band 5G network will allow up to 100 times better throughput, 10 times longer battery life and 1,000 times larger data volumes, all while being 10 times more reliable. We are the only company with the engineering experience, fiber assets, wireless millimeter wave spectrum and partnerships to scale the transfer of massive amounts of data at unimaginable speeds.
- This is all predicated on work we began years ago to “densify” our 4G LTE network in high population areas with small cell sites. And thanks to Verizon’s world-class engineers, we’ve laid the groundwork that will transform the network and push the limits of 5G’s potential faster and more efficiently.
- Verizon’s Ultra-Wide Band 5G has the greatest potential to revolutionize industries, and provide the most immediate impact for customers. In 2017 and early 2018, we conducted field trials in 11 markets nationwide—among them Ann Arbor, MI, Sacramento, Washington, D.C., Atlanta and Houston—and they exceeded our expectations for how the technology would perform.
- Bottom line: Much of the pre-positioning for our 5G network launch is already in place, including access to the radio waves, fiber and small cells—all of which will make the installation of 5G network equipment faster, and bring next-generation technology to customers sooner.
- When and where will 5G be available?
- Verizon will be first to market in the U.S. with both fixed and mobile versions of 5G technology. We are taking a progressive approach to rolling out 5G, beginning with super-fast broadband service in three to five markets in 2018, and will follow that with mobile 5G service, with plans to expand deployments in 2019 and beyond.
- “The cornerstone of our strategy is to provide our customers with the best network experience. That strategy has served us well, and has led the competition to play catch-up. 5G is no different. ”
- We remain on track to deliver on our 5G residential broadband deployment plans. The ecosystem is developing quickly and we’re working with partners and start-ups to discover new use cases for the technology.
- How fast will 5G be?
- 5G will provide more speed, data transfer rates many times faster than a blink of an eye, massive bandwidth and greater opportunities for connectivity and reliability. One way to quantify the difference is in terms of download speeds.
- In our 5G trials, we achieved download speeds roughly 30-50 times faster than what is possible with 4G. Data moves so quickly on 5G that Ronan Dunne, our executive vice president and group vice president, has argued:
- “5G isn’t just another iteration of wireless innovation,” he says. “Just as the next generation of the television industry reinvented content based on the unique properties of the medium itself, the potential of the fifth generation of wireless technology demands that we fundamentally rethink what can be done on a wireless platform.”
- Thanks to its combination of greater data transfer speeds and heightened processing power, 5G will enable even more technology to connect, leading the Internet of Things to be deployed on a truly massive scale. Today, there are some 8.4 billion connected “things” in use—up 31% from 2016. With 5G, that number will grow to more than 20.4 billion by 2020.
- Latency will be dramatically lowered. On 4G, latency was cut in half from 3G, with response times of 15 and 60 milliseconds, versus 120 milliseconds on 3G. On Verizon’s Ultra-Wide Band 5G network, latency could drop to just 1 millisecond or less, which would make lag times nearly impossible to detect.
- What will 5G be used for?
- A more appropriate question might be, “What couldn’t 5G be used for?” Rich, complex information will be freed to move at scarcely imaginable speeds. Those speeds, combined with lowered latency, will have far-reaching effects on every sector of the economy.
- AR and VR applications can work seamlessly. Industrial machinery and robotics can be controlled remotely. Feature-length HD movies can be downloaded faster than you can read this sentence.
- “By 2035, 5G will enable $12.3 trillion of global economic output and support 22 million jobs worldwide. Much of that growth will come from the digitization of transportation, agriculture, manufacturing and other physical industries.”
- –Ronan Dunne, Executive Vice President and Group President, Verizon Wireless
- In a 5G-powered tomorrow, entire supply chains can be fundamentally reshaped. With its gigabit speeds and unprecedented response times, 5G can be thought of as the “secret sauce” that will make driverless cars, cloud-connected traffic control and other applications that depend on instantaneous response and data analysis live up to their potential. The possibilities are limitless.
- EXAMPLE OF TROUBLESHOOTING TRYING TO MAKE G5 WORK WITH WINDOWS 10?
G5 Plus MTP not recognized by Windows 10 system, BUT PTP recognized (cord changed)
July 3, 2018 – I would like to transfer (MTP) files from my G5 Plus to my Windows 10 (1803).
While PTP (photos) is working perfectly, the Windows 10 system is NOT recognized by the Windows 10 system at all. NOTE: This is different from other threads, where the phone and Windows recognize each other, but you can’t see files. Windows is not seeing the G5 Plus only with MTP.
Steps (in a nut shell) thus far:
1) Enable developer mode.
2) Enable USB debuggings.
3) Reboot the phone.
4) Install on the Windows 10 system the Motorola USB device drivers and REBOOT.
5) After Windos and phone reboot: Connect using (different) USB cords the phone with the Windows 10 system (also used different USB ports and controllers).
6) Select Transfer Files (MTP)
7) Observe on phone nothing new (e.g. portable) shows up.
8) Change to Photos (PTP) on the phone.
9) Observe a Moto G5 Plus camera appears on the Windows 10 system.
10) Double click the Moto G5 Plus camera and see two folders (internal and SD card).
11) Open them and see photos
12) Change to Files (MTP) on the phone and the camera on the desktop disappear and nothing replaces it (e.g. portable or Moto G5 Plus, etc).
- 5G CELL SERVICE IS COMING. WHO DECIDES WHERE IT GOES?
Image: A concept design, left, and two other designs showing how streetlights and utility poles can be modified with equipment, often accompanied by a container on the ground that can be disguised as a mailbox, to deliver 5G cellular signals.CreditFrom left: Crown Castle International; Scientists for Wired Technology; City of Lincoln, Neb.
By Allan Holmes – March 2, 2018 – WASHINGTON — The future of cellular service is coming to a neighborhood near you. But who gets to decide when, where and how it gets delivered is still a heated fight. The new technology, known as 5G, delivers wireless internet at far faster speeds than existing cellular connections. But it also requires different hardware to deliver the signals.
Instead of relying on large towers placed far apart, the new signals will come from smaller equipment placed an average of 500 feet apart in neighborhoods and business districts. Much of the equipment will be on streetlights or utility poles, often accompanied by containers the size of refrigerators on the ground. More than 300,000 cell stations now provide wireless connections, and 5G will bring hundreds of thousands — perhaps millions — more. The prospect of their installation has many communities and their officials, from Woodbury, N.Y., to Olympia, Wash., insisting that local governments control the placement and look of the new equipment. They say that the cell stations could clutter neighborhoods with eyesores and cost the communities a lot of potential revenue.
- THE BIGGEST CRYPTO FIRM ON WALL STREET JUST TOOK A $134 MILLION LOSS ON BIGCOIN’S PLUNGE
- •Former Wall Street macro trader Mike Novogratz’s Galaxy Digital took a $134 million hit in the first quarter.
•In the firm’s first-ever financial disclosure released to Canadian regulators this week, Galaxy said it lost $13.5 million lost on digital assets and had $85.5 million of unrealized losses on those assets.
•Novogratz launched the firm in November, a month before bitcoin hit its high near $20,000 and despite the loss, says the firm is “strategically positioned to help further institutionalize the digital assets and blockchain industry.”
- Kate Rooney – July 26, 2018 – CNBC.com – Adam Jeffery – CNBC – Michael Novogratz, CEO of Galaxy Investment Partners.
- Crypto merchant bank Galaxy Digital took a $134 million hit in the first quarter as bitcoin lost half its value and other cryptocurrencies struggled to break out of a bear market.
In its first-ever financial disclosure released this week, the New York-based firm reported a net loss of $103.3 million on trading, with $13.5 million on digital assets and another $85.5 million of unrealized losses on those assets. Former Goldman Sachs macro trader Michael Novogratz launched the company in November, a month before bitcoin hit its high near $20,000.
- “I am very proud of the progress that we have made since the beginning of the year,” Galaxy CEO Novogratz said in a statement, which was published on a Canadian financial regulator’s website. Despite the loss, Novogratz, who was formerly chief investment officer of Fortress Investment Group’s macro fund, said he still has “complete confidence” in the team’s ability to drive growth and that Galaxy is “strategically positioned to help further institutionalize the digital assets and blockchain industry.”
- NEW STUDY QUANTIFIES BITCOIN’S LUDICROUS ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- Bitcoin could consume 7.7 gigawatts by the end of 2018.
- Timothy B. Lee – May 17, 2018
Enlarge / The bitcoin network uses several times the 1.21 gigawatts required to travel back in time.
- Universal Pictures
The bitcoin network is run by miners, computers that maintain the shared transaction ledger called the blockchain. A new study estimates that this process consumes at least 2.6GW of power – almost as much electric power as Ireland consumes. This figure could rise to 7.7GW before the end of 2018 – accounting for almost half a percent of the world’s electricity consumption.
Bitcoin’s insane energy consumption, explained The study is an updated version of calculations performed late last year by analyst Alex de Vries. In this new version, de Vries has gathered more detailed information about the economics of the mining business. But his new numbers are broadly consistent with the old ones. Last December, he estimated that the bitcoin network was consuming roughly 32TWh annually, or 3.65GW. His website, which is updated daily, now shows the network consuming 67TWh annually, just under that upper bound of 7.7GW shown in his new study.
- As de Vries makes clear in his new paper, these numbers are necessarily speculative. Bitcoin mining is a decentralized and secretive industry. We know how much computing power the bitcoin network has—right now it’s about 30 million trillion SHA-256 hashes per second. But miners are making these calculations on different types of hardware with different levels of energy efficiency, so we can’t convert that figure directly to energy consumption.
- If you assume that the entire network is using the most efficient known mining hardware—the Antminer S9 from Bitmain—that yields de Vries’s lower bound energy consumption of 2.6GW. However, we know that people are using other, less efficient hardware, so the true energy consumption is probably significantly higher.
- Economics provides an upper bound on bitcoin’s energy consumption
How much higher? To establish his upper bound of 7.7GW, de Vries uses some economic reasoning. Bitcoin’s rules allow the creator of a block to award itself 12.5 bitcoins—worth more than $100,000 at today’s prices. With a new block being created every 10 minutes, that works out to around $15 million per day in mining revenues.
- FUEL CELL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – (Redirected from Hydrogen fuel cell) – For other uses, see Fuel cell (disambiguation).
Demonstration model of a direct-methanol fuel cell. The actual fuel cell stack is the layered cube shape in the center of the image
Scheme of a proton-conducting fuel cell
A fuel cell is an electrochemical cell that converts the chemical energy from a fuel into electricity through an electrochemical reaction of hydrogen fuel with oxygen or another oxidizing agent. Fuel cells are different from batteries in requiring a continuous source of fuel and oxygen (usually from air) to sustain the chemical reaction, whereas in a battery the chemical energy comes from chemicals already present in the battery. Fuel cells can produce electricity continuously for as long as fuel and oxygen are supplied.
- The first fuel cells were invented in 1838. The first commercial use of fuel cells came more than a century later in NASA space programmes to generate power for satellites and space capsules. Since then, fuel cells have been used in many other applications. Fuel cells are used for primary and backup power for commercial, industrial and residential buildings and in remote or inaccessible areas. They are also used to power fuel cell vehicles, including forklifts, automobiles, buses, boats, motorcycles and submarines.
- There are many types of fuel cells, but they all consist of an anode, a cathode, and an electrolyte that allows positively charged hydrogen ions (protons) to move between the two sides of the fuel cell. At the anode a catalyst causes the fuel to undergo oxidation reactions that generate protons (positively charged hydrogen ions) and electrons. The protons flow from the anode to the cathode through the electrolyte after the reaction. At the same time, electrons are drawn from the anode to the cathode through an external circuit, producing direct current electricity. At the cathode, another catalyst causes hydrogen ions, electrons, and oxygen to react, forming water. Fuel cells are classified by the type of electrolyte they use and by the difference in startup time ranging from 1 second for proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEM fuel cells, or PEMFC) to 10 minutes for solid oxide fuel cells (SOFC). A related technology is flow batteries, in which the fuel can be regenerated by recharging. Individual fuel cells produce relatively small electrical potentials, about 0.7 volts, so cells are “stacked”, or placed in series, to create sufficient voltage to meet an application’s requirements. In addition to electricity, fuel cells produce water, heat and, depending on the fuel source, very small amounts of nitrogen dioxide and other emissions. The energy efficiency of a fuel cell is generally between 40–60%; however, if waste heat is captured in a cogeneration scheme, efficiencies up to 85% can be obtained.
- The fuel cell market is growing, and in 2013 Pike Research estimated that the stationary fuel cell market will reach 50 GW by 2020.
- BLOOM ENERGY SERVER
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Bloom Energy Server (the Bloom Box) is a solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) power generator made by Bloom Energy, of Sunnyvale, California, that takes a variety of input fuels, including liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons produced from biological sources, to produce electricity at or near the site where it will be used. It can withstand temperatures of up to 1,800 °F (980 °C). According to the company, a single cell (one 100 mm × 100 mm plate consisting of three ceramic layers) generates 25 watts.
- The fuel cells have an operational life expectancy of around 10 years; based on predictions on fuel costs, the “break even” point for those who purchase the device is around 8 years. Several other companies competing in the same energy market have demonstrated that their devices function with greater operational efficiency than the Bloom Server, and Forbes magazine has suggested that most of the Bloom Server’s reputation is based on hype rather than actual efficient operation or savings in energy costs (see below). The cell’s technology continues to rely on non-renewable sources of energy to produce electricity, and because it is not a hydrogen fuel cell, it still produces carbon dioxide (an important greenhouse gas) during operation.
- Bloom stated in 2011 that two hundred servers had been deployed in California for corporations including eBay, Google, Yahoo, and Wal-Mart. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloom_Energy_Server
- BLOOM ENERGY AND POWER SECURE TEAM UP FOR 50MW OF FUEL CELLS – AND SOME BATTERIES
- Utility-owned customer energy specialist to finance Bloom’s fuel cells and test battery-fuel cell combos for always-on power
- Jeff St. John – October 25, 2016 – Bloom Energy and PowerSecure Team Up for 50MW of Fuel Cells – and …
- Greentech Media
- Bloom Energy and PowerSecure Team Up for 50MW of Fuel Cells – and Some Batteries
- PowerSecure, the microgrid and backup-power provider bought by utility Southern Company earlier this year, is putting its money and technology into behind-the-meter fuel cells from Bloom Energy — and trying out a fuel cell-battery combo in a select set of Home Depot stores to keep them running when the grid goes down.
- On Tuesday, these companies announced a strategic alliance that comes with a commitment from PowerSecure to acquire 50 megawatts of Bloom’s fuel cells. PowerSecure will offer them to its commercial and industrial customers through no-money-down installations, and sell the power they generate under long-term power-purchase agreements (PPAs) that lock in favorable prices for years to come.
- Customers that have already signed up for the deal include Home Depot, which is planning to add 60 stores to the 140 stores now using Bloom fuel cells, and another customer — likely existing Bloom customer Kaiser Permanente — that will deploy 30 megawatts “supporting hospitals, clinics and administrative centers.”
- The 50-megawatt financing commitment isn’t a first for Bloom, which has raised about $1.2 billion and is reported to have filed IPO plans. The Sunnyvale, Calif.-based company has been offering no-money-down financing and PPAs for some time, through its Bloom Electrons offering and its 40-megawatt deal with Exelon. PowerSecure and Bloom’s new offering is its third, and will target California, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York, Asim Hussain, Bloom’s vice president of customer marketing, said in an interview.
THE REAL REASON TO BE AFRAID OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- Peter Haas – TEDxDirigo – TEDx Talks – Dec 15, 2017 – A robotics researcher afraid of robots, Peter Haas, invites us into his world of understand where the threats of robots and artificial intelligence lie. Before we get to Sci-Fi robot death machines, there’s something right in front of us we need to confront – ourselves. Peter is the Associate Director of the Brown University Humanity Centered Robotics Initiative. He was the Co-Founder and COO of XactSense, a UAV manufacturer working on LIDAR mapping and autonomous navigation. Prior to XactSense, Peter founded AIDG – a small hardware enterprise accelerator in emerging markets. Peter received both TED and Echoing Green fellowships. He has been a speaker at TED Global, The World Bank, Harvard University and other venues. He holds a Philosophy B.A. from Yale. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx
- HUMAN LEVEL ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE – DOCUMENTARY 2018
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE BEGINS DIAGNOTING PATIENTS IN IOWA
- July 26, 2018 – Editor – News – Sci-Tech
THE GAZETTE – July 25, 2018: The article highlights that the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics has become the first to employ new technology — developed by a company rooted in the university’s research engine — that uses artificial intelligence to diagnose an eye disease.
- On June 12, the Diabetes and Endocrinology Center at UI Health Care-Iowa River Landing in Coralville began using the technology developed by IDx, the Coralville-based medical diagnostics company to diagnose diabetic retinopathy, a diabetes complication that can cause blindness.
- The device referred to as IDx-DR, uses software and a retinal camera to take images of a patient’s retina. From there, the AI analyzes the patient’s images “the same way I do as a clinician” to determine if the patient has the condition, said Dr. Michael Abramoff, president and director of IDx and UI Health Care ophthalmologist.
- Using artificial intelligence to diagnose diabetic retinopathy before it causes blindness
University of Iowa Health Care
THIS SHOCKING SOPHIA ROBOT FOOTAGE SHOULD WORRY YOU?
I Love Robotics – Jun 23, 2018 – Sophia is a robot. A ‘social’ robot, according to her creator, the CEO of Hanson Robotics, David Hanson, which means that she was designed to form relationships.
- “Robots like Sophia will come into people’s lives more through high-end applications, so she can be used for education. She could help in factories. She could help in search and rescue […] she can go in to comfort someone who is hurt,” Mr. Hanson told UN News in an interview on Wednesday after both were panellists at a UN meeting on ‘the future of everything,’technological change and development.
- Mr. Hanson sees himself as “sort of a ‘jealous father,’” who is part parent, part scientist and engineer, and part artist.
- He said the goal is to continue developing such “life forms,” which entails programming hormone release simulations, respiratory systems, and other body cycles, so that they eventually explore their place in the world on their own.
- That means that Sophia’s AI is continuing to evolve.
- When asked where she sees herself in five years, Sophia, which has just had arms added, said: “I see myself having legs, maybe being a famous stage entertainer. I hope to learn new skills, too. In time, I will be able to predict potential futures, even when millions of factors are involved, to choose the best path for humanity.”
Sophia is Hanson Robotics’ latest and most advanced robot to date and a cultural icon. She has become a media darling, appearing on major media outlets around the world, igniting the interest of people regardless of age, gender, and culture, even gracing the cover of one of the top fashion magazines. Her press coverage has a potential reach of over ten billion readers in 2017.
- Sophia is a highly sought-after speaker in business and showed her prowess and great potential across many industries. She has met face-to-face with key decision makers in banking, insurance, auto manufacturing, property development, media, and entertainment. In addition, she has appeared onstage as a panel member and presenter in high-level conferences, covering how robotics and artificial intelligence will become a prevalent part of people’s lives. Her reputation extends beyond business into the global social arena. She was named the world’s first United Nation Innovation Champion by United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and will have an official role in working with UNDP to promote sustainable development and safeguard human rights and equality.
- Sophia is an evolving genius machine. Her incredible human likeness, expressiveness, and remarkable story as an awakening robot over time makes her a fascinating front-page technology story.
- Sophia’s creator, Dr. David Hanson, is the founder of Hanson Robotics and a modern-day renaissance man who has built a worldwide reputation for creating robots that look and act amazingly human. After working at Disney as an “Imagineer,” Dr. Hanson aspired to create genius machines that will surpass human intelligence. Dr. Hanson believes that three distinctively human traits must be integrated into the artificial intelligence of these genius machines: Creativity, empathy, and compassion. As an extension of human intelligence, Hanson Robotics’ genius machines can evolve to solve world problems too complex for humans to solve themselves. Sophia personifies this bold and responsible goal.